The Light Faintly Burning

After years of experience of being left and being hurt so deeply, and even surviving through it, I have understood and embraced 'leaving' : a departure of a friend or a loved one - in a way that I still find comforting. There is a room for resentment. It grows so vast that it pulls your heart apart. But knowing that somehow, in some way, they found a piece of that happiness that none of us would be able to chase at some point, is a comforting thought.


And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am 

The acceptance of things allow us to open up to what we could still save. We allow the people who left to be saved and to face their own demon, because that will also allow us to face our own.

We all have our fears, our share of uncertainty. We have aspirations and dreams. We have our vision of the future that we want or not seem to want at all, no matter how vague they still seem to us, but as long as light passes through our eyes, we can still chase them.

To my friend, and to our unconventional friendship - unspoken and even uncertain, you are my friend, not just because I don't get to really have a lot but because I respect how you never seem to judge.

Just like your name, you allow your light to shine faintly in a corner. A controlled brightness, but you are a light somehow.

Everyone can't be a light in someone else's life. You are the sunrise during the day and the sunset at night. You have been a light, faintly burning to those you surround.

We love you, it may be faint but we love you.


Love,
Mai



No comments

Powered by Blogger.